Charlie joined Lewis, Hooper & Dick, LLC in 1976. In his role as an owner and member, he is involved in the day-to-day operations and management of the firm. Charlie also maintains an active client base and continues to provide comprehensive tax and accounting services for the firm’s clients. Much of Charlie’s work focuses on public sector clients including city and county governments, community colleges, and special districts. In addition, he also serves healthcare practices, agricultural businesses, and high net worth individuals.
Prior to joining Lewis, Hooper & Dick, LLC Charlie worked at Elmer Fox & Company in Wichita, Kansas as a staff accountant in the audit department. He provided detailed accounting services and assisted clients with audit and financial statement assurance services.
With over 40 years of experience in public accounting, Charlie understands the importance of strategic planning. He assists clients with the research and preparation required to determine the best course of action for benefit planning, entity selection and organizational structure. Charlie has specific experience helping clients set up employee stock option plans (ESOPs) and establishing 401(k) plans for their employees.
Charlie’s father was a great influence on his ability to succeed. He learned at an early age that honesty and a strong work ethic are necessary in any profession. Charlie shares these values with future professionals through his alumni activities with Kansas State University. He sees his involvement with the students as an opportunity to give back to the school that gave him a start in his profession and to help our future business leaders achieve success.
Charlie is a native of Kansas and currently resides in Garden City with his wife. In his spare time, he enjoys golfing, gardening, photography and attending Kansas State University events.
Professional Designations and Licenses
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Kansas
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Kansas Society of Certified Public Accountants (KSCPA)
- Kansas State University Foundation Trustee
- Leadership Kansas Board of Trustees
- St. Catherine Hospital Foundation
- Board Member and Chairman
- Golden Plains Credit Union
- Chairman of the Supervisory Committee
- Garden City Noon Lion’s Club
- First United Methodist Church
- Kansas State University Alumni Association
- Past Board Chairman and Treasurer
- Kansas Army National Guard –Specialist First Class
- Kansas State University – Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Accounting, (1974)