David joined Lewis, Hooper & Dick, LLC in 1985. As a member in the firm, he maintains a comprehensive tax practice. David serves as a trusted advisor, providing specialized tax planning, compliance and consulting services to businesses and individuals. Though he works with a variety of clients, he concentrates his practice on organizations in agriculture, grain and livestock industries.
With over 40 years of public accounting experience, David is recognized and respected within the industry as an authority on tax and general accounting principles. Throughout his accounting career, he has assisted family-owned businesses by providing consulting on succession or transition planning. On many occasions, David has provided clients with guidance on reading and better understanding monthly financial statements in order to increase the awareness of what is happening inside their business. By thinking “outside the box,” he helped a client divide their entity into two corporations to provide significant tax savings and financial growth.
David currently resides in Garden City, Kansas with his wife, Beckie. In his spare time, he enjoys watching hockey and lacrosse and attending the annual Jimmy Buffett concert.
Professional Designations and Licenses
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Colorado, Kansas
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Kansas Society of Certified Public Accountants (KSCPA)
- Colorado Society of Certified Public Accountants (CSCPA)
- University of Denver – Master of Taxation, (1985)
- University of Denver – Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, (1976)