Theresa has been a valuable member of the Lewis, Hooper & Dick, LLC team since joining the firm in 1987. In her role as an owner and managing member of the firm, she oversees and coordinates day-to-day operations and strategic planning for the firm’s future. She specializes in work serving governmental organizations; specifically, she oversees audits, assists in the development of organizational budgets, and provides management guidance to a variety of public sector clients. As CEO and CFO, Theresa plays a significant role in the creation and implementation of the firm’s practice development initiatives.
Theresa takes pride in her role as a problem solver for her clients. In the course of her work with local governments, she has assisted in the evaluation of reserves to meet current and future needs, determining the feasibility of capital projects and enabling her clients to begin construction projects with minimum bonding. As a well-respected accounting authority, Theresa has been invited to make presentations to various groups and has served as a member of the governor’s School Efficiency Task Force.
Raised on a farm near Dodge City, Kansas, Theresa currently resides in Garden City with her husband. Outside of the office, she enjoys spending time with her husband, cooking, and working around the house and yard.
Professional Designations and Licenses
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- AICPA Certificate of Educational Achievement in Governmental Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Government Audit Quality Center (GAQC)
- Kansas Society of Certified Public Accountants (KSCPA)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Mary of the Plains College
- Bachelor of Art in Business Administration, Accounting emphasis (1984)
- Magna Cum Laude