Theresa joined Lewis, Hooper & Dick, LLC in 1987. In her role as managing member and owner in the firm, she oversees and manages the firm’s day-to-day operations and strategic plan for the future. Theresa specializes in governmental organizations; specifically, she oversees audits, assists in the development of organizational budgets and provides management guidance to her public sector clients.
In addition to Theresa’s client service responsibilities, as the firm’s CEO and CFO, she plays a significant role in the creation and implementation of Lewis, Hooper & Dick, LLC’s practice development initiatives.
Prior to joining Lewis, Hooper & Dick, LLC, Theresa worked as a staff accountant, assisting with tax and audit services at two local firms. With over 30 years of experience in accounting, she has gained the admiration of colleagues and peers within the industry.
Theresa prides herself on her role as a problem solver for her clients. In working with local governments, she has assisted in the evaluation of reserves to meet current and future needs, determining the feasibility of capital projects and enabling her clients to begin construction projects with minimum bonding.
Theresa is a well-respected accounting authority within the industry. She has been invited to make presentations to various groups and has served as a member of the Governor’s School Efficiency Task Force.
Theresa grew up on a farm near Dodge City, Kansas, and currently resides in Garden City with her husband. Outside of the office, she enjoys spending time with her husband, cooking, and working around the house and yard.
Professional Designations and Licenses
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Kansas
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- AICPA Certificate of Educational Achievement in Governmental Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Government Audit Quality Center (GAQC)
- Kansas Society of Certified Public Accountants (KSCPA)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- St. Mary of the Plains College – Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, Accounting emphasis, magna cum laude, (1984)