Team Building & Coaching in 9 Easy Steps
Building a killer team is crucial to your success as an entrepreneur.
Here’s how to do it:
- Look for real talent. Hire people who are smarter and have more experience than you.
- Seek out different skill sets. When you’re building a small team, it’s incredibly important that each member bring something different to the table.
- Avoid the temptation to micromanage. Everyone needs direction and management, but no one likes to be micromanaged.
- Hire people that believe in your product. You can’t teach an employee to care. If they aren’t thrilled by the opportunity to work with you, take a pass.
- Recognize that different people have different goals. For some, it’s money. For others, it’s recognition.
- Set the bar high. Everyone should be on the same page with regard to what you expect and hope for.
- Create a safe space. Take the time and effort to create an open, welcoming environment.
- Never stop learning. Make educating your team a priority.
- Don’t forget to celebrate your achievements as a group. There will be lots of small successes along the way.
To read the entire article, please visit www.entrepreneur.com.