Sick Leave and Paycheck Transparency
Certain provisions of the Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces Executive Order took effect January 1, and will impact federal contracts for 2017. Here are some of the requirements, from The National Law Review:
– Covered employees are entitled to accrue 1 hour of paid sick leave for every 30 hours worked on or in connection with a covered contract—up to 56 hours in a year or at any point in time.
– The wage statement must be provided each pay period and contain certain information, including the following:
- Total hours worked that pay period
- Total hours worked that were overtime hours that pay period, broken down on a workweek basis
- Rate of pay for hours worked
- Gross pay for the pay period
- Itemized list of deductions or additions from gross pay
You can read more in the article from The National Law Review.